It’s commonplace that many of the best professional chefs in the world use different products from the rest of the public. That’s because it’s often difficult for everyday people to get their hands on such quality items. In this MAC knives review, you will be introduced to a range of some of the best-selling and most highly rated quality knife sets as we go over their features, pros, and cons.
With MAC knives, they are bringing high-performing Japanese knives loved by chefs worldwide to the public. In addition, these knives are preferred by chefs who have already experienced the likes of big-name brands like Shun, Cutco, and Henckels. As a result, this makes them unique in that they can compete with the world’s best and still come out on top.
The MAC Knife Original Series is a 3-piece set of knives with a 6.5-inch utility knife, 6.75-inch fillet knife, and 4-inch paring knife. Furthermore, each knife comes with a razor-sharp edge, pakkawood handles, and Japanese craftsmanship.
- Good range of knives in varying sizes to tackle many kitchen tasks, big and small.
- Professional Japanese craftsmen have shaped, assembled, polished, and sharpened Knives.
- The razor-sharp edge provides effortless slicing and stays sharp for longer.
- The comfortable pakkawood handle is ergonomic and provides a secure grip.
- Blades have an optimal hardness of 57-61 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
- No chef knife included.
Overall Mac Knife Original Series 3-Piece Starter Set Review
This 3-piece set is the perfect starter pack for those getting into the world of MAC knives, as it includes a range of blades made of Japanese steel of varying sizes. As a result, you can achieve minuscule tasks such as opening up packets and major functions like slicing a big leg of lamb.
The thin blade can pierce through most textures, and the comfortable pakkawood grip makes it all possible. Rated 4.6-stars on Amazon reviews by almost 70 global users, this product is loved for its lightweight construction, durable steel, and value for money. Use the link below to see more of what these happy customers are saying!
This lightweight French chef knife is 8.5-inches in blade length and 14-inches in overall length. It is made of original molybdenum high-carbon steel and comes with a pakkawood handle.
- A large Japanese knife that is big enough to tackle major cutting tasks.
- Solid edge retention that lasts a long time.
- The rust-resistant blade is immune to corrosion.
- Comfortable and durable pakkawood handle.
- The thin blade design provides optimal sharpness for easy slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- No accessories included, e.g., cutting board.
- Not dishwasher-friendly; hand wash is recommended.
Overall Mac Knife Series French Chef’s Knife Review
This 8.5-inch chef’s knife comes in strong with a durable blade made of steel alloy and crafted using the best manufacturing processes in Japan. The handle is quite comfortable and also highly durable with its pakkawood design that provides a secure grip for easy cutting.
This MAC chef knife is made from rust-resistant molybdenum high-carbon cutlery steel for maximum strength and sturdiness that lasts the distance.
The MAC MTH-80 is a professional chef knife of 8-inches with a hollow edge and a comfortable pakkawood handle. It also comes with added dimples, 2.5mm blade thickness, and bolsters for easy operation.
- Added dimples help the knife glide through sticky foods like potatoes, apples, and summer squash.
- Comfortable pakkawood handles provide a secure grip and easy handling.
- Durable Japanese steel provides lasting results and is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- 2.5mm blade design provides a sharper edge for more fantastic cutting results.
- A pointed tip means you can easily pierce through harsh textures such as meat.
- No honing rod or sharpening tool included.
- Not compatible with dishwashers.
Overall Mac Knife Professional 8 Inch Hollow Edge Chef Knife Review
This popular knife by MAC is one of the best knives in the company’s product range as it is highly versatile, allowing you to tackle tasks of all kinds in the kitchen. Additionally, the added dimples on the blade will enable you to slice through sticky surfaces such as potatoes, apples, and summer squash.
The handle is made of a durable pakkawood and is backed by triple bolsters that provide an extra secureness that keeps the blade and handle etched together as one. A strong rating of 4.7-stars and over 1,500 real users of this knife can testify to its quality of being lightweight, giftable, and easy to hold.
Check out what the comments are saying about the MAC 8-inch Hollow Edge Chef Knife using the link below:
The MSK-65 Santoku Knife is made with sub-zero tempered steel and comes with added dimples for easy slicing. It also features a pakkawood handle, three bolsters, and a full tang Japanese steel construction of 2.5mm thickness.
- Sub-zero tempered steel retains the blade’s edge longer than regular steel.
- Complete tang construction ensures the knife won’t break off the handle.
- Granton edge blade makes for easy slicing through sticky foods.
- Flathead design provides effortless rocking motion for dicing and mincing.
- Sturdy pakkawood handle with triple bolsters for extra secureness in grip.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
- No extras included, such as cutting board or honing rod.
Overall Mac Knife MSK-65 Santoku Knife Review
The MAC MSK-65 is a durable santoku knife at 57-61-degrees on the Rockbell Hardness Scale and is designed to last you a lifetime of use with proper care. With the flathead design, you can achieve a comfortable rocking motion for effortless slicing, dicing, and mincing, and the extra dimples on the blade make it easy to slice through sticky foods.
Made with sub-zero tempered steel, you can enjoy a greater lifetime of edge retention than regular steel blades. In addition, a strong rating of 4.7-stars by over 200 global customers says that this knife will deliver on ergonomics, maneuverability, and lightweight handling. Check out what these happy customers are saying using the link below!
This MAC chef knife comes in at a total length of 12.63-inches and 2.5mm blade thickness made of original molybdenum and a pakkawood handle with three bolts. The added dimples make it ideal for slicing through sticky foods.
- An alloy steel blade is optimal for edge retention and lasting durability.
- Full-tang construction ensures the blade won’t be damaged or snap off the handle.
- A comfortable grip and sturdy pakkawood handle ensure easy operation.
- Added dimples on the blade make it easy to cut through sticky foods like potatoes.
- The pointed tip provides additional piercing capabilities for slicing through tough meats.
- No honing rod included.
- Not safe for dishwasher.
Overall MAC Hollow Edge Chef Knife Review
This classic chef knife brings forth a new style with an aesthetic “MAC mighty” logo on the blade that uses lovely blue and red colors to accent the alloy steel. The material used for the blade is quite durable and resistant to rust and corrosion. It also comes with a scalloped edge that makes the user’s life easier when cutting sticky foods.
Unlike its competitors, such as the Shun classic chef knife, the MAC chef knife uses a German-style handle that is easier to grip and safer to handle. This Japanese chef knife is rated an extraordinary 4.8-stars on Amazon reviews by over 300 global customers. Check out what they are saying using the link below:
The MAC vegetable cleaver is made of molybdenum steel that is durable and corrosion-resistant. The handle is made of pakkawood and comes with two bolts.
- Original molybdenum steel is durable enough to last a lifetime of use.
- Pakkawood handle is solid and sturdy and provides a secure grip.
- The blade is designed to excel in chopping vegetables in a rocking-style movement.
- A 2.5mm thin blade makes it easy to pierce through complex surfaces.
- Stiff knife of 57-61-degrees on the Hardness Rockwell Scale.
- Not suitable for cutting foods other than vegetables.
- No steel honing rod or sharpener included.
Overall MAC Vegetable Cleaver Review
For all those tasks, such as chopping onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and more, the MAC vegetable cleaver is the perfect tool for preparing delicious meals and healthy dinner recipes. The blade is solid and sturdy, with a design built to last a lifetime of use.
Furthermore, the handle is made of durable pakkawood and designed in a way that is both comfortable and secure for a firm grip when in use. This exact knife is rated a solid 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews by over 500 global users. Check out what they are saying using the link below:
This 3.75-inch paring knife comes with an extra-long pakkawood handle and lightweight construction. The blade is 2mm thick high-carbon steel resistant to corrosion and rust.
- A long handle and a small blade are perfect for small tasks.
- The durable pakkawood handle provides comfort and a firm grip.
- Ideal for intricate melon carving and removing stems from strawberries.
- Lightweight construction suits all types of users.
- The blade is made of high-carbon steel resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Not suitable for larger cutting tasks, e.g., cutting meats and vegetables.
- Sharpness may degrade over time.
Overall MAC Professional Paring Knife Review
While the blade may be Japanese, the style of the knife overall, including the handle, resembles that of German knives. This gives you the best of both worlds. With the strength and cutting precision of a Japanese knife and the handling and comfort of a German knife, you can easily achieve all your cutting tasks.
Over 200 customers love the MAC professional paring knife’s ergonomics, maneuverability, and value for money, allowing it to score an impressive 4.8-stars on Amazon reviews. Check out what people are saying about it and purchase yours using the link below!
This 8.75-inch bread/roast slicer knife comes with a molybdenum steel blade with better edge retention than most knives. The serrated edge is designed for cutting bread and slicing through roasts.
- A scalloped edge that is great for cutting bread and roasts.
- The hollow edge provides easier handling.
- Pakkawood material makes the handle durable and comfortable.
- Japanese knife is made with the finest craftsmanship.
- An extra thin blade of 2mm for sharper piercing results.
- Not suitable for cutting meats or vegetables.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
Overall MAC Knife Chef Series Bread/Roast Slicer Knife Review
You will always need something more than a regular chef knife to cut through textures like bread or a tough roast, and that’s why the MAC bread/roast slicer makes a great knife. The handle’s hollow edge and pakkawood handle make it easy to operate, and its steel blade is designed to last a lifetime.
Coming in hot with a rating of 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews, you’ll be pleased with what this knife can do. When it comes to those particular tasks like opening up French sticks or cutting pieces of roast for the family, it’s a star. See what people are saying about the MAC Bread/Roast Slicer Knife using the link below!
Mac Knife FAQ
Where is Mac Knife made?
MAC knives are made in Japan using the best Japanese craftsmanship, premium high-carbon steel materials, and pakkawood handles.
Is Mac Knife a good brand?
MAC knives are a great brand of quality Japanese knives that provide a range of products to suit various kitchen cutting, slicing, dicing, and mincing tasks.
What is Mac Knife warranty?
The MAC Knife, Inc. USA warranty covers any defects related to materials or craftsmanship of their products for 25 years from the date of purchase.
Are Mac knives dishwasher safe?
MAC knives are strictly not dishwasher-safe, and all of their products are recommended to be cleaned via handwash.