Best Gas Grills Under $500
If you’re anything like me, then the thought of having to purchase charcoals every time you throw a barbecue is completely off-putting. In this review of the best gas grills under $500, you’ll find a world of affordable barbecues that are charcoal-free, easy-to-use, and a whole lot healthier for you.
Not only that, but you’ll also have that looming realization that you’ll have to wait somewhere between 30 mins to an hour before the coals are ready to start cooking food. I know this is why I don’t do barbecues anywhere near as often as I’d like to.
Luckily, we have this little-known thing called a gas grill that lets you BBQ without that nasty charcoal maintenance and enormous wait times.
- Propane gas grill works with Standard 20 lb LP tank
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain-enameled lid
- iGrill 3 compatible (accessory sold separately)
- Built-in lid thermometer
- Two burner grill is built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Best Overall: Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
In terms of performance, this grill comes with a BTU of 26,500 and a GS4 grilling system, making it a highly efficient heating system that will leave no uncooked bits in your food. It’s also relatively compact at 48 x 26 x 57-inches with a fold-down table that provides convenience and easy storage.
Assembly is straightforward with an easy access tank that is easy to take in and out. Built with a combination of porcelain and high-quality cast iron, this is one of the most durable gas grills under $500 that you’ll find on the market.
- Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- Porcelain Enameled Cast Iron Cooking Grates
- Porcelain Enameled Lid
- Warming Rack
- Burner Tubes
- Infinity Ignition
- Flavorizer Bars
- Grease Management System
- 10-Year Warranty
- Heats up food fast and evenly with a solid BTU and GS4 grilling system.
- Large cooking space allows for batch cooking for larger gatherings.
- The warming rack provides light heating for keeping cooked food hot and toasting buns.
- Durable cast-iron material for lasting durability.
- Porcelain-coated grates are reversible between thin and thick grates for delicate and rough cooking.
- 10-year warranty.
- Wheels may be hazardous, especially with children around.
- The propane tank must be replaced every few grilling sessions.
Overall Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill Review
The Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner liquid gas grill features infinity ignition, guaranteed to ignite every time without fail. It also comes with burner tubes which provide a consistent flow of gas throughout the entire cooking surface for an even heat distribution across all of your food.
The flavorizer bars are angled in a way that catches smoky, sizzle drippings, enriching your food in that irresistible smoky aroma that we all know and love. But, fear not, because any drippings that don’t turn flavorful are sent down the grease management system, where they are funneled away from the burners and into a disposable drip tray.
Finding fault with this grill is quite difficult, which is why it has received an impressive 4.8-stars on Amazon reviews by over 2,700 global customers.
Best with Side Burner: Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner
The Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner is a propane gas grill that produces up to 36,000 BTUs of heat across a large cooking surface of 425-inches square. In terms of build quality, the Char-Broil gas grill is made using durable stainless steel burners and porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates that are rust-resistant and can fit up to 20 burgers at once.
In addition, this grill is several notches lower than the $500 benchmark, so it has an incredible quality-to-price ratio.
- Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Gas Grill
- Stainless Steel Burners and Heat Tents
- 36,000 BTU Across 425-Square Inches of Cooking Space
- Stainless Steel Side Shelves
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge
- 10,000 BTU Lidded Side Burner
- Super-high heating of 36,000 BTUs provides quick and delicious barbecue results.
- 10,000 BTU side burner allows you to cook up side dishes as your mains are cooking.
- Fast and reliable start-up with electronic ignition.
- Optimal heat monitoring control via lid-mounted temperature gauge.
- Rust-resistant porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates.
- Extra-high BTU may require extra care to avoid harmful incidents.
- Propane tank not included.
Overall Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Gas Grill Review
If you are after faster heat-up times and thorough cooking that can’t be beaten, you need to consider the Char-Broil 4-Burner gas grill. It boasts an incredible BTU of 36,000 as well as its side cooker of 10,000 BTU. This means you can cook up some side dishes and sauces while the main meats are on their way via the main cooking space.
Take full control of the grilling process as you monitor the temperature through the lid-mount temperature gauge, so you never undercook or overcook your food. Unsurprisingly, this grill achieved a user rating of 4.6-stars on Amazon reviews, making it a high-performing and top-quality product validated by the most important people, the everyday cook!
Best Kamado: Char-Griller E16620 Akorn
The Char-Griller Akorn Kamado is built with triple-walled insulation that retains heat and durable steel construction built to last.
When it comes to performance, this grill can cook anywhere between 200 degrees F and up to 700 degrees F. It provides versatility from light smoking to roasting beef and chicken to achieving grill marks and well-seared steaks. In addition, Char-Griller backs its products with a 5-year guarantee for any defects related to manufacturing or lack of material quality.
- Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
- 20-inch Large Cooking Area
- 22 Gauge Solid Steel Construction
- 200-700 degrees F Easy Heat Control
- Adjustable Top Damper
- Bottom Damper and Ash Pan
- Removable Warming Rack
- Foldable Side Shelf
- Large Locking Wheels
- The large cooking area makes it suitable for families and big households.
- A foldable side shelf provides extra convenience to place your utensils while cooking.
- Adjustable damper and built-in temperature gauge let you do anything from light toasting to thoroughly cooking meats and poultry.
- Easy dump ash pan provides quick and easy cleanup.
- Large locking wheels provide easy mobility.
- Not as powerful as other grills in terms of BTU output.
- Deflector stones are not included.
Overall Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill Review
A little different from what you’ve seen so far on this list, the Akorn Kamado grill by Char-Griller uses a Japanese-style design with a spherical construction and lid that can easily trap and retain heat for more thorough cooking.
While it may not match the incredible 36,000 BTU heating of the Char-Broil 4-Burner grill, it does make up for it with high-temperature capacities of up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit and adjustable cooking capabilities for added versatility in grilling targets.
Available at a super-affordable price below $400, this grill is backed by both a 5-year limited warranty and a spectacular 4.7-star rating on Amazon reviews by over 2,600 global reviews.
Best Super-Sized: Nexgrill Deluxe 6-Burner Propane Gas Grill
This grill features an extra-large 768-square inch cooking area that can fit enough food for a huge family or a large number of guests. With a whopping 75,000 BTU of heat output, this grill is unmatched when it comes to thorough cooking that reaches super-high temperatures.
Additionally, it comes with a side burner that can reach 15,000 BTUs, making it an effective sear burner or something to cook side dishes and sauces with while your mains continue grilling on the primary cooking space.
Finally, storage space cupboards allow you to store things like tongs, propane gas tanks, food trays, and more! Coming in with a 5-year limited warranty, you can purchase this grill worry-free.
- Nexgrill Deluxe 6-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 75,000 BTU Total Output
- 768-square inches of Cooking Space
- 15,000 BTU Sear Burner
- 6 Premium-Grade Stainless Steel 10,000 BTU Main Burners
- Porcelain Cast-Iron Cooking Grids
- Removable Grease Tray and Catch Pan
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates are easy to clean.
- Incredibly high BTU gives total cooking power and freedom to grill anything.
- The side burner lets you cook smaller dishes while the primary cooking area is in use.
- A huge cooking surface makes it a good gas grill for large family and friend gatherings.
- The 5-year limited warranty provides a quality guarantee for the product.
- High BTUs could pose extra danger, so more care is needed.
- A little bulky compared to other gas grills.
Overall Nexgrill Deluxe 6-Burner Propane Gas Grill Review
The Nexgrill Deluxe 6-Burner Propane gas grill works by applying an even-heat system that distributes consistent and uniform heat across the grill at a total of 75,000 BTUs. This ensures there are no hotspots or undercooked areas with your foods.
In addition, this portable grill uses a set of heavy-duty casters that lock into place when you require it to be stationary, so you won’t need to worry about pesky kids knocking your precious cooker into oblivion.
Coming in with a 79% customer satisfaction rating of 4.4-stars from over 1,400 global customers on Home Depot reviews, this product delivers plenty of quality for the price. However, I will say it’s on the higher end of the money range compared to the other grills, though it’s a small price to pay for 75,000 BTUs of heating power!
Best Tabletop: NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill
The NOMADIQ portable grill features non-stick cooking grates that make cooking and cleaning effortless. It also does your food a favor by preventing burns and tears. In terms of performance, this grill has two side burners, each of which produces 4,600 BTUs for a total of 9,200 BTUs of heat output.
In addition, with its extremely lightweight construction of 12 lbs and its incredibly compact foldable properties, this grill truly takes storage space optimization to the next level!
- NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill
- Super Compact, Sleek, and Portable Design
- Non-Stick Cooking Grates
- Two Stainless Steel Burners
- Drip Trays
- 226-inches of Cooking Space
- Its highly compact and lightweight design makes it easy to move, store, and use.
- Non-stick cooking grates make it easy to clean and provide optimal food results.
- Easy setup with 3 simple moves, unlock, open, connect and grill.
- Heavy steel construction with a powder-coated finish for durability.
- 5-year limited warranty for quality guaranteed.
- Low BTU compared to other gas grills.
- No side tables for convenience.
Overall NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill Review
The NOMADIQ gas grill excels in easy assembly, portability, convenience, and storage, as it is one of the most lightweight and compact gas grills under $500. This compact gas grill is built with stainless steel construction and a powder-coated finish for extra durability and lasting results.
You can also easily control the grill temperature individually using independently controlled burners. The setup is guaranteed to take less than 45 seconds if you follow the manual. After that, it’s simple to get to unlocking, opening, connecting, and grilling!
Complete with a rating of 4.5-stars on Amazon reviews by over 170 global customers, this grill is highly regarded for its ease of use, portability, and ease of assembly.
Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
This Weber grill is built with a total cooking area of 189 square inches and 8,500 BTUs of heat that distributes evenly across the surface without leaving any undercooked food behind. It also comes with porcelain-enameled cooking grates that are non-stick and easy to clean.
This propane gas grill runs on liquid petroleum gas and easily turns on via push-button ignition and infinite control burner valve settings.
- Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- Porcelain Enameled Cast-Iron Cooking Grates
- Cast Aluminum Lid
- Push Button Ignition
- Infinite Control Burner Valve
- Removable Catch Pan
- Easy start-up via push-button ignition
- Optimal heat distribution through infinite control burner valve.
- Cast-iron cooking grates can withstand high temperatures no matter how much heat you apply.
- Healthier than charcoal grills.
- 10-year limited warranty.
- May require a table or stand to bring it up to a desirable height.
- Cooking space not as large as other grills.
Overall Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill Review
The king of compact grills, the Weber 50060001 Q1000 gas grill comes with an infinite control burner valve that allows you to dial in the proper heat settings so you can cook at any temperature. Starting up is reliable with the push-button ignition that is simple to operate and time-efficient.
This liquid propane gas grill would suit anyone with a reliable benchtop in their backyard or a good sturdy table as it will certainly need the extra height for grilling to commence. Clearly, the lack of height with this grill has not stopped it from receiving an impressive 4.8-stars on Amazon reviews by over 3,600 global users, making it a high-quality product despite its shortcomings.
Best Design: Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
This grill by Char-Griller is like no other, offering both gas and charcoal grilling options to satisfy any barbecue lover and give you that extra flexibility. It also comes with plenty of grilling space and three gas burners that are easily started with electronic ignition.
In addition, the grill uses a double bottom construction to support charcoal grilling by insulating and improving efficiency while providing an easy dump ash pan for a quick and hassle-free cleanup.
- Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
- 40,800 BTU
- 12,000 Side Burner
- Electronic Ignition and Three Burners
- Versatile Charcoal System
- Provides flexibility of grilling options via the versatile charcoal system.
- Plenty of grilling space for larger gatherings.
- Porcelain-coated grilling surface and stainless steel burner provide effective cooking for up to 500 degrees F on the gas side.
- The condiment basket and underneath shelf provides extra storage space.
- 5-year limited warranty for any defects related to factory defects.
- Takes up quite a bit of space.
- The very heavy build may be difficult to maneuver.
Overall Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill Review
This beast of a grill makes it easy to choose between gas and charcoal by providing you with both! It is essentially two grills in one plus an extra little side burner gas grill for extra convenience that lets you cook side dishes and sauces while the primary cooking area is in use.
With a total of 1,260 square inches of cooking space, the Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill is perfect for large gatherings of family and friends. Rated 4.2-stars on Amazon reviews by over 380 global customers, this grill is highly praised for its sturdiness and ease of assembly and cleaning.
Best Budget: Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane, 54 Inch, Full-Size Four Burner Gas Grill
This Cuisinart gas grill comes with four burners of 11,000 BTU for a total of 44,000 BTU across the entire grill. These propane grills provide more control over the temperature than most gas grills, allowing you to cook delicate food like fish and shrimp to perfection.
In addition, the durable stainless steel construction of the knobs, fascia, and burners enables resistance to rust and corrosion, and the painted enamel makes it easy to maintain for the long run.
- Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane Four Burners Gas Grill
- Four 11,000 BTU Burners
- 443 Square Inch Cooking Surface
- Stainless Steel Lid and Control Panel
- Heavy-Duty Cast-Iron Cooking Grates
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Four burners provide plenty of heating power and cooking area for big batch cooking.
- 443 square inches of cooking surface makes it suitable for large gatherings of friends and family.
- Heavy-duty cast-iron cooking grates and stainless steel construction provide plenty of durabilities.
- Twist start ignition eliminates the need for matches.
- The painted porcelain enamel lid is easy to maintain.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- Propane tank not included.
- Warranty not as long as other options.
Overall Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane Four Burner Gas Grill Review
This grill by Cuisinart just goes to show the sheer versatility of the brand’s product lines that somehow never compromise quality for the price. It is built with durable stainless steel and porcelain enamel. In addition, this grill is highly-resistant to rusting and will never get damaged from the high heat.
Speaking of heat, it also distributes a total of 44,000 BTU of heat output, making it excellent at cooking through the toughest meats and poultry.
Rated 4.4-stars on Amazon reviews by over 1,300 global customers, this Cuisinart gas grill is loved by many for its heat distribution, temperature control, and ease of cleaning.
Best Charcoal Grill: Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
This fantastic grill by Weber incorporates gas ignition with charcoal grilling so that you get the best of both worlds. Enjoy the smoky flavor of charcoal cooking with the ease of gas grills, effectively removing everything we don’t like about charcoal, particularly the long heat-up time.
In addition, this grill is super easy to clean with a one-touch cleaning system that uses a removable high-capacity aluminum ash catcher.
- Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
- Touch n’ Go Gas Ignition System
- Removable LCD Cook Timer
- Convenient Charcoal Storage
- Precision Heat Control
- Easy ignition via a gas-powered start-up.
- Lid thermometer for easy temperature monitoring.
- Precision heat control lets you cook anything the way you like it.
- Convenient charcoal storage provides easy cleanup.
- A mounted LCD timer puts you in control of the process and encourages precision cooking.
- Propane tank not included.
- No gas grilling option.
Overall Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill Review
I may have gone on a bit of a rant about charcoal grilling at the start of this article, but keep in mind that this charcoal grill by Weber is built with gas-powered ignition, which effectively removes a lot of the issues I have charcoal.
Instead, we now get to enjoy the smoky taste of charcoal grilling without the ridiculously long and tedious heat-up time. It’s no wonder this grill is rated an enormous 4.8-stars on Amazon reviews by about 800 real users of the product because it certainly delivers on its promise!
Large capacity: Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top
When it comes to capacity, this may well be the best gas grill you’ll find for under $500, because it has a cooking surface large enough to run a restaurant! Not only that, but you have the option of cooking with a flat top surface, meaning you have extra possibilities in cooking options such as stirfries and vegetables, and you are no longer limited to griddle meats.
Built with a rear grease system, 60,000 BTU of output, and durable steel construction, you can’t go wrong with the Blackstone Flat Top gas grill.
- Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4-Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- Rear Grease Management System
- 720 Square Inches of Cooking Surface
- 60,000 BTU Total Output
- Durable Stainless Steel Burners and Black Steel Frame
- The extra-large cooking area is great for big gatherings.
- A rear grease management system prevents unwanted substances from getting on your grill and food.
- A flat top surface provides extra cooking options.
- Durable steel construction promotes lasting sturdiness and damage control.
- 4 adjustable heat zones allow you to cook anything from tough to delicate foods.
- Quite space-consuming.
- No gas tank included.
Overall Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4-Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Review
Unlike most gas grills we’ve seen thus far, this beauty by Blackstone provides a flat top surface that lets you cook more than just barbecue meat, making it one of the best gas grills under $500. Indeed, this natural gas grill is excellent in its temperature abilities, pumping out 60,000 BTU of heat across its various heating channels.
This grill comes with four burners so you can easily section off different foods you are cooking, enabling greater multi-task capabilities. Rated 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews by over 8,400 real users of this product worldwide, the Blackstone 1554 grill is highly noted for its superior heat distribution, temperature control, and ease of assembly.
Related: How to clean a flat top grill and here are the best flat top grills.
Best Side burner: Char-Broil 463375919 Performance Stainless Steel Gas Grill
This Char-Broil Performance Grill uses a large cooking area of 425 square inches and includes four burners with two side shelves for added convenience. It’s pretty easy to move around with the four wheels and boasts a gorgeous stainless steel design that is just as good in durability as it is in aesthetics.
Two stainless steel doors provide sufficient storage space for your propane tank as well as any other accessories such as grill wipes and tongs.
- Char-Broil 463375919 Performance Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- 425 Square Inches Cooking Area
- 36,000 BTU Overall
- 10,000 BTU Side Burner
- Four Stainless Steel Burners
- Two Side Shelves
- Plenty of heating power with 36,000 BTUs of output.
- Four stainless steel burners allow for sectioned cooking of different food groups simultaneously at individual temperatures.
- Extra side burner is convenient for cooking smaller foods or condiments while the primary cooking area is in use.
- Easy start-up with electronic ignition system powered by AAA battery.
- Convenient storage space via two steel doors.
- Removable grease tray for easy cleanup duty.
- Only available in one color.
- Cannot be converted to natural gas.
Overall Char-Broil 463375919 Performance Stainless Steel Gas Grill Review
Another fantastic grill by Char-Broil, this one is unique in being a “cabinet-style” grill instead of to the previously-reviewed “cart-style” grill. As such, you can expect this grill to provide plenty of convenience in storage capabilities via its two stainless steel doors that also work to keep your propane tanks out of sight.
Additionally, the four wheels provide plenty of maneuverability. The side burner of 10,000 BTUs is the perfect indirect cooking area for simultaneously preparing condiments as your main grill is in use.
Over 800 reviews on Amazon have brought this product to an average of a 4.4-star rating, specifically for its excellent temperature control features, heat distribution, and easy cleanup.
Best Portable: Weber 9010001 Traveler Portable Gas Grill
The Weber 9010001 Traveler grill is just as its name suggests, built for easy travel and portability. It folds easily like a kitchen table and is designed to be assembled using one hand. The grilling surface can fit 15 burgers or 20 sausages all at once, and the compact design can easily fit in your car’s trunk.
Gas usage is optimized, and the grill can be connected to a 16 oz gas canister or a larger tank via an adapter hose.
- Weber 9010001 Traveler Portable Gas Grill
- 15-Burger Capacity Cooking Area
- One-Handed Setup
- Built-in Thermometer
- Gas Usage Optimization
- Simple design is easy to assemble.
- The compact build makes it easy to store in vehicles.
- Lightweight with travel wheels ensures portability is optimized.
- The large cooking area fits up to 15 burgers or 20 sausages at once.
- Optimizes gas usage to prolong each tank for extended use.
- No adapter hose included.
- No separate burners for sectioned cooking.
Overall Weber 9010001 Traveler Portable Gas Grill Review
Weber produces another quality grill but this time with the focus on optimizing transportation and gas usage for a more sustainable and practical grilling experience. With a one-hand setup design as well as a trolley-style handle and wheels, it’s super easy to assemble your grill and move it to where you want it to be.
If there’s anything this grill does well, it’s keeping things simple, so as long as you don’t mind a single burner across the whole cooking area, then I’d say the Traveler might be exactly what you’re looking for!
For peace of mind, know that this grill has received 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews from over 370 customers, so you can expect a full delivery on what it promises.
Best Compact: Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
This grill excels in delivering lasting gas usage by incorporating an ample storage space that enables the use of larger gas tanks that last many grilling sessions before a refill is needed. The cooking area is 346 square inches, and the BTU is 22,000, so you get a decent cooking area and heating power too.
Electronic ignition and residue removal also makes barbecuing and cleaning up a lot easier.
- Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- Residue Removal System
- Electronic Ignition
- 22,000 BTU
- 346 Square Inches of Cooking Space
- Gas optimization with large storage area for big gas tanks.
- Electronic ignition provides an easy start-up to grilling.
- Reaches 500 degrees F in just 5 minutes.
- Optional griddle and pizza stone kit.
- Easy assembly in less than 30 minutes.
- Cooking area is not as spacious as other grills.
- A little bulky.
Overall Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill Review
The Fuego Hinged Gas Grill is a beast for storing large gas tanks for lasting grilling and minimal maintenance. It also has a fast heat-up time and an easy electronic ignition to get it all going without the hassle of lighting matches.
It’s a little bulky, so I wouldn’t recommend this grill for outside traveling, though it has plenty of maneuverability with its 4-wheel design and steel ring handle.
Overall, if you hate the concept of propane gas cans and prefer to go big with a large tank of gas supply, then the Fuego F21C-H is for you! However, if you need more convincing, then check out some comments from the 550+ customer reviews who have rated this product an impressive 4.6-stars on Amazon!
Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Grill
The Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro uses a whopping 40,800 BTU of heat across its three burners, making it a highly effective cooker that enables multi-tasking. Electronic ignition provides an easy setup, and the ample cooking space of 438 Square Inches gives it plenty of room for large family gatherings.
- Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Grill
- 40,800 BTU
- 12,000 BTU Side Burner
- 438 Square Inch Cooking Area
- Electronic Igniters
- 3 Burners
- Durable Steel Construction
- Durable construction made of stainless steel is built to last.
- Multiple burners make it easy to multi-task and cook at various temperatures.
- A large cooking area is great for big gatherings.
- Easy start-up with electronic igniters.
- Convenient side tables and portable wheel design for easy transport.
- No natural gas line converter included.
- No propane tank included
Overall Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Grill Review
The Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro excels in providing a large cooking space and convenient side tables for a pleasant grilling experience and the ability to cater to large crowds. Start-up is easy with electronic ignition dials and fast heat-up time.
The material is durable stainless steel and cast-iron cooking grates that resist rusting and corrosion with the intent to last a lifetime. Coming in at 4.6-stars on Amazon reviews by a mean score across over 1,500 real users, the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro delivers well on heat output, distribution, and ease of cleaning.
Best Infrared: Char-Broil 463632320 Signature TRU-Infrared
This grill features infrared cooking technology that prevents flare-ups and delivers even heat distribution for 50% juicier meats. It also comes with integrated LED lights for easy operation and a handle-and-cart design that gives off a distinctive style and makes it easy to transport.
Finally, this grill is backed by a 2-year warranty so that you can purchase it with peace of mind and a quality assurance guarantee.
- Char-Broil 463632320 Signature TRU-Infrared Grill
- Infrared Cooking Technology
- Integrated LED Lights
- Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Grates
- Surefire Electronic Ignition
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- Integrated LED lights make it easy to operate and gives a nice look.
- Durable steel construction with coated iron grates are durable and stain-resistant.
- Surefire electronic ignition eliminates the need for matches.
- Infrared cooking eliminates the need for flames and provides more direct heating.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- Natural gas conversion kit not included.
- No storage doors included.
Overall Char-Broil 463632320 Signature TRU-Infrared Grill Review
All-in-all, this grill is the number one choice for cooking with direct heating that allows your food to retain the juices and not get burnt, thanks to the power of infrared cooking. Additionally, this grill comes with aesthetic LED lights that make it easy to use in darker environments and give off a nice design too.
The materials are quite sturdy, composed of stainless steel for the exterior and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates for the trays.
Backed by a limited warranty of 2-years and a customer rating of 4.5-stars on Amazon reviews by over 200 real users, this grill invites adventure and innovation with an all-new way of cooking.
What To Look For In A Gas Grill Under $500
When buying a new gas grill, you want to consider how you plan to use it. For example, are you more likely to barbecue at home, or do you plan to move it around for outdoor trips to the park? These questions can help you determine whether you want a bulky, stationary grill or a smaller, lightweight, portable grill.
Burner and BTUs
The number of burners on your grill is a crucial feature to consider as it varies between people drastically. Some prefer to cook at one temperature at a time, while others need eight stainless steel burners to take multi-cooking to the limit. The other thing to consider is BTU, which indicates the heat output for each burner.
Depending on the types of food you plan to cook, it may benefit you to go for max BTU, so you get fast heat-ups and high-temperature cooking. GOn the other hand, go for a lower BTU if you are after basic barbecuing tasks, as this can save you on gas and minimize the dangers of cooking at higher temperatures.
More often than not, the grate material tends to come in a porcelain-enameled cast-iron material, which is excellent for non-stick properties, durability, and easy cleanup. However, not all grills come with this material, so for best results with your grates, I’d suggest looking out for the coated kind in the product descriptions before purchasing.
In terms of additional perks and features, it’s entirely up to you and what tickles your fancy. Still, I’d recommend you to consider hybrid grills such as gas and charcoal dual grills for added versatility, particularly if you’re the type that can taste a difference between them.
For example, some days you may want gas-grilled meat, while other days you may crave the more smoky taste of charcoal meat. LED lights, infrared cooking, storage spaces, side tables, wheels, and cooking timers are other features to consider.
Most gas grills run on propane gas, and many give you the option to convert to natural gas as preferred. However, be sure to note whether the grill you are purchasing is compatible with natural gas conversion, as some do not have this option available.
Best Gas Grills Under $500 FAQ
How long do gas grills last?
Gas grills can last anywhere between a couple of years to an entire lifetime, depending on the quality of the product and how well you care and maintain it. Typically, higher-priced grills will last longer due to the higher quality in material and manufacturing.
Is Char-Broil a good BBQ?
Char-Broil has produced several excellent gas grills, as seen on the list above. It always ensures a decent level of BTU to ensure adequate heat distribution. They also back many of their products with a 2-year limited warranty.
Which propane grill is best?
Notable brands that produce multiple propane grills include Char-Grilled and Char-Broiled, and they come at very reasonable prices. Choosing the best grill is different for everyone, so I would suggest taking the time to consider which features are most important to you and search based on those filters.
Which gas grills are most reliable?
When it comes to reliability, your best bet is to go with brands that back their products with warranties, as having a warranty indicates the company’s confidence in producing quality grills. But, of course, you also want to ensure the grill meets all your demands related to cooking area size, BTU power, storage, gas usage, portability, side tables, number of burners, etc.
What grills are better than Weber?
Weber is one of the best brands on the market today, and some may say they produce the best gas grills and cannot be beaten. However, other customers who prefer infrared cooking would prefer something like Char-Broil’s grills, so whether a grill is better than Weber or not is purely subjective and at the discretion of the buyer.
Are natural gas grills better?
Natural gas grills are equal in performance to propane gas grills, but it is not easily accessible for many people. Therefore, your decision to go for natural gas or propane purely depends on your location and your accessibility to natural gas.
What is the best brand of gas grill to buy?
The best brand of gas grills is purely subjective, but typically you can’t go wrong with Char-Grilled, Char-Broiled, or Weber, as they all come with high ratings on their grills as well as product warranties. Of course, there is no clear-cut “best brand,” but it is worth considering the most popular brands first as there is always a reason that they are as famous as they are, and it often means better quality.
What is the best time of year to buy a gas grill?
The best time of year to buy a gas grill is whenever you decide to do a barbecue! Of course, the general consensus is to have barbecues on nice sunny days. However, if you have the right shelter, you could even buy a gas grill in the winter and enjoy barbecuing all year round!
Did you know there are indoor grills? Check out our 10 Best Smokeless Indoor Grill Revealed.
Z Grills Review: Are they a good brand?