Have you ever wanted to cook food without, you know, cooking food? It sounds like a gimmick, but that’s the truth about slow cookers! They cook your food to perfection, exactly how you like it, with the perfect level of tenderness and juice. But, of course, not all of these magic machines are made equal, so you’ll want to make sure you get the Best Slow Cooker for your unique needs.
Simply leave it cooking all day while you’re out, and come home to a delicious dinner after a hard workday. It’s a perfect new house essential. In this review of the best slow cookers on Amazon, you can find easy access to some of the highest-rated cookers on the market, get in-depth thoughts about each one, and find what’s right for you!
Best Slow Cooker
- 4 programmable functions: – Slow Cook on high, low, simmer or warm for up to 24 hours; Roast at from 250 -450 Degrees for up to 6 hours; Brown/Saute with temperatures up to 500 Degrees; Steam
- One touch lets you switch modes when recipe calls for combination cooking
- Removable 7-quart nonstick cast aluminum cooking pot with teflon coating
- Dishwasher-safe cooking pot and lid for effortless cleanup
- Includes reversible roasting/steaming rack
The Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker has six cooking modes, three heat settings, and 24-hour programmability. It is also compatible with any cooktop and comes with stainless steel construction and a 5-year limited warranty.
- Wolf Gourmet Programmable 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker with Temperature Probe
- 6 Cooking Modes
- 3 Temperature Settings
- 5-Year Warranty
- Durable and conductive stainless steel construction for excellent slow heating tasks.
- Enables a variety of cooking modes, including sous-vide, saute, and sear.
- A programmable slow cooker that allows you to set the time for your cooking to commence.
- Compatible on all stovetops.
- 5-year limited warranty.
- Quite heavy and bulky to handle.
- Handles may become hot.
Overall Wolf Gourmet Programmable 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker with Temperature Probe Review
This 7-quart slow cooker takes pressure cooking to the next level with six cooking modes and three temperature controls to achieve any cooking task from searing to rice cooking and even sous-vide style recipes.
Rated 4.4-stars on Amazon reviews by over 80 global users of this cooker, customers are pleased with its timer function feature, temperature control modes, and how easy it is to clean! To learn more about what people are saying, check out the link below to Amazon reviews and consider purchasing your own Wolf Multi-Function slow cooker!
The Cuisinart Cook Central 4-in-1 Multi-Cooker enables four slow cook functions, including high, low, simmer, and warm settings. It also has a one-touch digital display and a Teflon non-stick cast aluminum cooking pot.
- Cuisinart MSC-800 Cook Central 4-in-1 Multi-Cooker
- 4 Slow Cooking Functions
- Roasting & Steaming Rack
- Teflon Non-Stick Coating
- The non-stick coating ensures no food gets stuck to the pot.
- The glass lid is transparent so you can always keep an eye on the food.
- Four programmable functions provide versatility in slow cooking recipes.
- A keep warm setting ensures your food is nice and delicious whenever you’re ready to eat.
- A digital slow cooker with lighted buttons is both aesthetic and easy to operate.
- Lower steel handles may heat up.
- No sous-vide option.
Overall Cuisinart MSC-800 Cook Central 4-in-1 Multi-Cooker Review
This beauty by Cuisinart is a nice compact and affordable solution to slow cooker recipes. Unlike other multi-cookers, this one comes with a non-stick coating so that your pot roast or beef stew doesn’t get stuck to the cooking insert pot. While there isn’t a specific cook setting for sous-vide, you could likely still use this appliance for such tasks (at your discretion, of course).
Great for the whole family, this cooker is rated a strong 4.4-stars by almost 4,000 Amazon reviews, regarded highly for its temperature control, versatility, and timer features. See what this wave of customers is saying about the Cuisinart multi-cooker now!
This is a 6-quart slow cooker with a healthy ceramic non-stick coating that is PFAS-free and comes with a digital timer and dishwasher-safe parts. It is programmable for up to 10 hours, stays warm for up to 4 hours, and comes with a clear glass lid and digital display control panel.
- GreenLife Cook Duo Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 6QT Slow Cooker
- Ceramic Healthy Non-stick Coating
- Programmable Features
- Chemical-free ceramic nonstick coating is excellent for healthy cooking and healthy eating.
- The glass lid is clear so you can monitor your food as you cook.
- Simple but effective control panel with a digital dialog window for easy operation.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- Available in a variety of funky colors.
- The non-stick coating may degrade over time.
- It may not conduct heat as effectively as stainless steel.
Overall GreenLife Cook Duo Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 6QT Slow Cooker Review
For all the greenies out there, a beautiful ceramic slow cooker that features a PFAS-free nonstick surface that creates delicious food that doesn’t stick to the pot and makes cleaning a breeze (the food scraps slip right off!).
Recommended for those that prioritize eco-friendly healthy eating over high-performance pressure cookers, the GreenLife cooker receives 4.6-stars on Amazon by about 600 real users across the globe. Made to be a great gift idea for a loved one (including yourself!), this slow cooker has got the whole town talking! Check out the link to Amazon reviews below to see it for yourself.
A black 6-quart slow cooker instant pot with a nice black finish and stainless steel interior. 10 different cooking functions, 28 program settings, and 11+ proven safety features make it great for growing families.
- Instant Pot Pro 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Steamer Rack
- Customizable Cooking Programs
- The Compact, black aesthetic design makes it convenient and cool to store in your kitchen.
- Tremendous versatility in cooking options and programs to tackle countless recipes.
- Plenty of safety features such as overheat protection and a locking lid.
- Cooks for up to 6 people, suitable for families.
- One-touch control panel for easy operation.
- No transparent lid.
- Some may find it complex to use due to so many options.
Overall Instant Pot Pro 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker Review
This pressure cooker by Instant Pot comes with too many controls to know what to do with! But, of course, once you overcome that initial shock, you’ll find this to be one of the best slow cookers on the market because of the endless possibilities that it can accomplish. In addition, a considerable amount of cooking modes and programs make it among the most versatile of cookers.
The more reviews a product has, the less likely it is to maintain a near-perfect score, but the Instant Pot Pro manages a staggering 4.7-star rating from a ground-breaking 48,300+ global customers. Check out what this army of Amazon reviewers is saying using the link below!
This All-Clad slow cooker has an oval-shaped design and 20 hours of programmable timer settings. It also comes with three cooking modes and a ceramic pot insert.
- All-Clad SD700450 Programmable Oval-Shaped Slow Cooker
- Programmable Timer
- Non-stick Ceramic Coating
- Eco-friendly ceramic coating with non-stick capabilities.
- 20-hour programmable timer.
- The aesthetic LCD control screen for easy and versatile operation.
- The pot insert is dishwasher-safe.
- Durable stainless steel construction.
- An oval-shaped design may not suit some recipes.
- No preset cooking programs.
Overall All-Clad SD700450 Programmable Oval-Shaped Slow Cooker Review
Built for the adventurous home cook, this slow cooker comes with plenty of customizable cooking options from cooking modes to temperature settings and even 20-hour programmability for maximum flexibility of use.
It may not have the preset cooking programs that others have, but it is still one of the top-rated slow cookers, coming in at 4.5-stars by over 1,000 global reviews on Amazon. Easy-to-clean and easy-to-use, it’s a cooker that brings plenty of value for the price point. Use the link below to see what customers are saying about the All-Clad Programmable Slow Cooker!
This is a 6-quart slow cooker crock-pot with a digital countdown control and a size big enough to feed seven people. It also includes a locking lid with a gasket seal for extra security and grip while cooking.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook
- Removable Stoneware Crock
- Locking Lid with Gasket
- Extra grip on the lid ensures no air particles interfere with food.
- Programmable slow cooker with 30 minutes to 20 hours of cooking time options.
- Shifts to warm setting automatically when cooking is complete.
- Large enough for seven people or a 6-pound roast.
- Ergonomic, stay-cool textured handles provide a solid grip.
- Stoneware is not stovetop or oven safe.
- No cooking programs are available.
Overall Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook Review
It may not have an abundance of cooking programs like the Instant Pot 10-in-1 models. Still, to their credit, Crock-Pot has delivered a product that is debatably the fanciest in appearance without compromising cooking quality.
With a gasket added to the lid and textured stay-cool handles to keep you safe, Crock-Pot steps it up with some of their features that are quite rare to come by (believe it or not).
It’s no wonder this giant in the slow cooker market has received a 4.7-star rating from over 22,000 global Amazon customers. Check out the link below to see why many customers believe this to be the best overall slow cooker on the market!
This 8-quart cooker is large enough to feed 10+ people and is designed with a sleek, modern black stainless steel finish. In terms of functionality, it performs just like the previous product with 20-hour programmability and automatic shift to a warm setting when cooking finishes.
- Crock-Pot Slow Cooker 8 Quart
- Removable Stoneware Crock
- Locking Lid with Gasket
- Extra-large interior enables cooking for large gatherings.
- The lid has an extra gasket grip.
- Handles stay cool when the pot is heated.
- You can remove the stoneware for easier dinner preparation.
- The pot and lid are dishwasher-safe.
- It may be heavy for some users.
- No cooking programs e.g., sous-vide included.
Overall Crock Pot Slow Cooker 8 Quart Review
It is the big brother of the previously reviewed 6-quart version. This 8-quart Crock-Pot has a large enough cooking area to accommodate ten hungry people! Like its little 6-quart counterpart, it also comes with 20 hours of cooking programmability and three temperature settings (low, medium, high) for extra versatility.
Hence, it is no surprise that this cooker is also rated 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews by a smaller but still impressive consensus of over 7,000 global users. Check out the link below to see what people are saying now!
This slow cooker by KitchenAid is a 6-quart cooker with a stainless steel build and a standard lid. It has 24-hour programmability, an oval-shaped design, an easy-read digital display, and a 1-year limited warranty.
- KitchenAid KSC6223SS 6-Qt. Slow Cooker
- 24-Hour Programmable Timer
- Digital Display
- Programmable features allow you to cook various recipes ready at an appointed time.
- Four temperature options for extra control over the cooking process.
- The oval-shaped ceramic vessel provides a healthy cooking solution free of chemicals.
- The gorgeous exterior stainless steel silver finish is durable and visually appealing.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- No cooking programs e.g., sous-vide.
- The ceramic vessel is not as durable as the steel exterior.
Overall KitchenAid KSC6223SS 6-Qt. Slow Cooker Review
Whether you’re after a rice cooker or a lamb roaster, the KitchenAid slow cooker is the kitchen appliance you’ve been looking for! It’s worth considering, built with a stunning stainless steel exterior for durability and a ceramic vessel interior for healthy cooking results.
The textured handles and digital display panel make it easy to cook, carry, and clean with, no matter what recipe stands in your way! Coming in at an affordable price range and a 4.4-star rating on Amazon, you can rest assured that this product meets a quality standard. See the link below to Amazon reviews to learn more about this excellent KitchenAid cooker!
The Calphalon Digital slow cooker is compatible with all stovetops and has a ceramic cooking surface of 5.3-quarts. Also featured are a digital timer, two heat settings, and a keep-warm mode.
- Calphalon Digital Sauté Slow Cooker
- Digital Timer
- Keep-Warm Mode
- Aesthetic sleek black design.
- Ceramic cooking surface provides even heating.
- Intuitive digital display.
- Fast food release and easy to clean.
- Compatible on all stovetops, including induction.
- A little smaller than the 6-quart average.
- No profile menu cooking programs.
Overall Calphalon Digital Sauté Slow Cooker Review
For the home cooks that seek a more non-stick solution or have an induction stove, Calphalon offers this ceramic interior slow cooker that is compatible with all stovetops, including induction ones. This means you can use the slow cooker options by inserting the pot into the machine or removing the pot and cooking directly on the stove as preferred.
Highly regarded for temperature control, material quality, and flavor produced, this cooker is rated a strong 4.7-stars by over 600 Amazon reviews. Check out the link below to get a closer look at the Calphalon Digital Saute Slow Cooker today!
This is an extra-large 10-quart cooker with a sleek black design and multiple temperature settings. Also included are full-grip handles, clip-tight sealed lid, and dishwasher-safe components such as stoneware and lid.
- Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, Extra Large 10 Quart
- Multiple Temperature Settings.
- Full-Grip Handles.
- The big cooking area accommodates large gatherings and house parties.
- Full-grip handles stay cool and are ergonomic.
- Low, medium, high, and warm temperature controls for versatile cooking.
- Dishwasher-safe components.
- See-through lid to monitor cooking easily.
- No programmable options/timer.
- No handles on the stoneware.
Overall Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, Extra Large 10 Quart Review
A strong candidate for the best slow cooker, Hamilton Beach offers this enormous 10-quart cooker for cooking huge batches of food. Suitable for large families and big dinner parties, this cooker considers cooking versatility through its temperature controls and accommodates an easy cleaning process for the host via dishwasher-safe stoneware and lid.
Buying a slow cooker doesn’t need to be tricky because this fantastic 4.8-star cooker is available at an incredibly affordable price point. Check out what the 10,000+ global users say about this gigantic slow cooker and purchase yours today through Amazon!
This 7-in-1 pressure cooker has a chemical-free nonstick ceramic coating and seven cooking functions. It also includes 14 safety features and has passed rigorous testing for safety certification.
- Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker
- Seven cooking functions provide versatile cooking choices.
- Fourteen safety features make it suitable for families.
- Pressure cooker cooks 70% faster than traditional cooking methods.
- Dishwasher-safe components.
- Crisping lid provides nice golden crisp on meats.
- Stoneware does not come with handles.
- Does not accommodate sous-vide.
Overall Ninja Foodi 7-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker Review
The Ninja Foodi is a 7-in-1 pressure and slow cooker with seven cooking functions and 14 safety features, making it convenient and safe to use. The dishwasher-safe components also make it easy to clean, and I think you’ll love the additional.
Rated an incredible 4.8-stars by 8,000+ Amazon reviews, this cooker is regarded highly for its versatility in cooking and ease of cleaning and use (no surprises there). You can catch all the deets with this cooker using the link below!
5-quart Mickey Mouse slow cooker comes with removable stoneware inserts and tempered glass lids. It also features a 20-ounce dipper for cooking appetizers and smaller meals.
- Disney DCM-502 Mickey Mouse Oval Slow Cooker with 20-Ounce Dipper, 5-Quart
- Cute and fun Mickey Mouse design is great for the kids.
- Tempered lids with creative Mickey Mouse handle.
- 3 temperature settings for versatile cooking.
- Fits a whole chicken in the cooker.
- The 20-ounce dipper is perfect for entrees.
- No programmable features.
- No stay-cool handles.
Overall Disney DCM-502 Mickey Mouse Oval Slow Cooker with 20-Ounce Dipper, 5-Quart Review
This fun Mickey Mouse-themed slow cooker brings Disneyland to your kitchen with its attractive colorful design and excellent lid handles that the kids will love! In addition, the cooker comes with a ceramic interior for quick food release and an additional “mini-pot” that suits smaller meals for the kids or makes a great entree cooker.
It may not have the most complex features, but over 2,000 Amazon reviews give this pot the green light with a 4.8-star rating! Check out the link below to see it for yourself!
Best Slow Cooker FAQ
What is the best crockpot to buy?
The 8-quart crockpot is an excellent option for larger families and comes with plenty of programmable features to take complete control of the cooking.
Which is better: a crockpot or slow cooker?
A crock-pot and a slow cooker are essentially the same things, as crock-pot generally refers to the brand of slow cooker instead of a stand-alone item.
Is Hamilton Beach or crockpot better?
Crock-Pot generally has more features and functionalities with their cookers. However, Hamilton Beach excels when it comes to extra-large, 10-quart cookers.
What is the best brand of slow cooker to buy?
Crock-Pot, Hamilton Beach, and Calphalon are all among the top-tier brands to buy a slow cooker from, as they are highly reputable and feature quality products and warranties.
How many will a 5-quart crockpot feed?
A 5-quart crockpot can generally feed an average-sized family of 4 with a maximum of 6, though I would not recommend it for six full-grown adults.
Can a Crockpot go on a stove?
No, you should not put a crockpot on a stove. You can learn more about the hazards in Can You Put a Crockpot on the Stove?